Recent VLC Posts
- Micro-LED Li-Fi
- Pathway to 5G: Visible Light Communications
- A £5M Research Programme on Visible Light Communications…
- Li-Fi on CNN International in “Make Create Innovate”
- Optical Wireless Communication Workshops
- Dear Mr President, please read my blog.
- Augmented Reality using VLC
- Li-Fi on the Gadget Show
- Cisco Live is lit by Ethernet
- Top 10 Li-Fi myths
- Flash-Matic and the Light Telephone
- WTF is… Li-Fi?
- TED hits one million
- LightMessage by PureVLC
- Latest VLC Market Report
- LED wallpaper is here!
- Light + Building
- World’s Largest Chandelier
- The fight for more spectrum
- The shift to optical – part II
- The shift to optical
- PureVLC at Mobile World Congress
- LEDs used to map Wi-Fi
- Mobile World Congress, asking for more spectrum?
- Li-Fi it is then!
- LEDs powered by Ethernet
- Casio announces VLC prototype
- Five VLC predictions for 2012
- VLC; a review of 2011
- The Visible Light Communications Motivation
- VLC in toys next Christmas?
- VLC wins at IBM SmartCamp
- VLC at IBM SmartCamp London
- Light at the end of the Ethernet
- Li-Fi Consortium is Launched
- Wireless Spectrum Shortage Solution
- VLC pioneer in running for World Technology Award
- VLC at LuxLive
- D-Light project hits target
- New VLC report is published
VLC TagsLight + Building GigaIR VLC toys LightMessage Mobile World Congress Solid state lighting free space optics market analysis D-Light Alexander Graham Bell MWC Wireless Communications SmartCamp Ethernet GBI Research IBM Photophone Bytelight Facebook Edinburgh Global Business Intelligence Light Message London WiGig Spectrum Shortage Optical Wireless Communications radio spectrum smart phone spectrum crisis Market Report TED Global Wi-Fi Casio Gordon Povey power over Ethernet PoE Visible Light Communications Harald Haas OWC PureVLC LED Optical Wireless Communication Li-Fi VLC Visible Light Communication
Tag Archives: smart phone
As the spectrum crisis gets more serious, the shouts for more spectrum are getting louder. This new infographic from Mobile Future sums this up nicely. Fortuntunately the Li-Fi community is not suffering a spectrum crisis, quite the opposite. The question … Continue reading
Casio exhibited their Visible Light Communication system at the Consumer Electronic Show (CES) in Las Vegas this week. I was not at CES so this post is based on a number of reports I have obtained from various sources about … Continue reading
Device-to-device communication can be achieved by a number of different technologies. The two categories of connection are wired or wireless. A cable connection is the oldest method and is still very much used. I, like most people, would rather connect … Continue reading