Recent VLC Posts
- Micro-LED Li-Fi
- Pathway to 5G: Visible Light Communications
- A £5M Research Programme on Visible Light Communications…
- Li-Fi on CNN International in “Make Create Innovate”
- Optical Wireless Communication Workshops
- Dear Mr President, please read my blog.
- Augmented Reality using VLC
- Li-Fi on the Gadget Show
- Cisco Live is lit by Ethernet
- Top 10 Li-Fi myths
- Flash-Matic and the Light Telephone
- WTF is… Li-Fi?
- TED hits one million
- LightMessage by PureVLC
- Latest VLC Market Report
- LED wallpaper is here!
- Light + Building
- World’s Largest Chandelier
- The fight for more spectrum
- The shift to optical – part II
- The shift to optical
- PureVLC at Mobile World Congress
- LEDs used to map Wi-Fi
- Mobile World Congress, asking for more spectrum?
- Li-Fi it is then!
- LEDs powered by Ethernet
- Casio announces VLC prototype
- Five VLC predictions for 2012
- VLC; a review of 2011
- The Visible Light Communications Motivation
- VLC in toys next Christmas?
- VLC wins at IBM SmartCamp
- VLC at IBM SmartCamp London
- Light at the end of the Ethernet
- Li-Fi Consortium is Launched
- Wireless Spectrum Shortage Solution
- VLC pioneer in running for World Technology Award
- VLC at LuxLive
- D-Light project hits target
- New VLC report is published
VLC TagsLightMessage Mobile World Congress Solid state lighting free space optics market analysis D-Light Alexander Graham Bell IBM MWC Wireless Communications SmartCamp Ethernet GBI Research Light Message Photophone Bytelight Facebook Edinburgh Global Business Intelligence London WiGig Light + Building GigaIR VLC toys Market Report TED Global Wi-Fi Spectrum Shortage Optical Wireless Communications radio spectrum smart phone spectrum crisis PoE Visible Light Communications Harald Haas Casio Gordon Povey power over Ethernet OWC PureVLC LED Li-Fi Optical Wireless Communication VLC Visible Light Communication
Tag Archives: Photophone
Last week American Eugene Polley died at the age of 96. Eugene invented “Flash-Matic” the first TV remote control in 1955. This was an early example of visible light communication (VLC) in action. Eugene’s passing prompted me to think about some … Continue reading
I am starting this blog with a piece of interesting history which is relevant to our industry. On 3rd June 1880 Alexander Graham Bell transmitted the first wireless telephone message on his newly invented “Photophone”. This was four years after … Continue reading