Recent VLC Posts
- Micro-LED Li-Fi
- Pathway to 5G: Visible Light Communications
- A £5M Research Programme on Visible Light Communications…
- Li-Fi on CNN International in “Make Create Innovate”
- Optical Wireless Communication Workshops
- Dear Mr President, please read my blog.
- Augmented Reality using VLC
- Li-Fi on the Gadget Show
- Cisco Live is lit by Ethernet
- Top 10 Li-Fi myths
- Flash-Matic and the Light Telephone
- WTF is… Li-Fi?
- TED hits one million
- LightMessage by PureVLC
- Latest VLC Market Report
- LED wallpaper is here!
- Light + Building
- World’s Largest Chandelier
- The fight for more spectrum
- The shift to optical – part II
- The shift to optical
- PureVLC at Mobile World Congress
- LEDs used to map Wi-Fi
- Mobile World Congress, asking for more spectrum?
- Li-Fi it is then!
- LEDs powered by Ethernet
- Casio announces VLC prototype
- Five VLC predictions for 2012
- VLC; a review of 2011
- The Visible Light Communications Motivation
- VLC in toys next Christmas?
- VLC wins at IBM SmartCamp
- VLC at IBM SmartCamp London
- Light at the end of the Ethernet
- Li-Fi Consortium is Launched
- Wireless Spectrum Shortage Solution
- VLC pioneer in running for World Technology Award
- VLC at LuxLive
- D-Light project hits target
- New VLC report is published
VLC TagsEdinburgh Global Business Intelligence London market analysis Light + Building GigaIR VLC toys LightMessage Mobile World Congress Solid state lighting free space optics SmartCamp Ethernet Alexander Graham Bell IBM Wireless Communications Bytelight Facebook GBI Research Light Message Photophone WiGig MWC D-Light Market Report TED Global Spectrum Shortage Optical Wireless Communications radio spectrum smart phone spectrum crisis Wi-Fi Harald Haas Visible Light Communications Gordon Povey power over Ethernet PoE Casio OWC PureVLC LED Optical Wireless Communication Li-Fi VLC Visible Light Communication
Tag Archives: OWC
Electronics.ca, based in Canada, has just published what we believe to be only the second market report to cover Visible Light Communications. “Optical Wireless Systems – Visible Light Communications and Free Space Optics: Technologies and Markets” covers both VLC and … Continue reading
Looking back over 2011 there is evidence that a Visible Light Communication industry now exists. At the end of 2010 we saw the IEEE 802.15.7 standard being published and LVX System made the press with what was claimed to be … Continue reading
I have often been asked; what is the motivation for VLC and Optical Wireless Communications? So, I wish to address the main motivation in this post. The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of mobile data usage per month for the … Continue reading
Visible Light Communications wins the People’s Choice at IBM SmartCamp IBM have been at the forefront of technical innovation for over 100 years, so they do know a thing about backing the right technology. They also know that not all … Continue reading
I am starting this blog with a piece of interesting history which is relevant to our industry. On 3rd June 1880 Alexander Graham Bell transmitted the first wireless telephone message on his newly invented “Photophone”. This was four years after … Continue reading