Recent VLC Posts
- 5 Reasons to Promote Li-Fi Technologies
- Micro-LED Li-Fi
- Pathway to 5G: Visible Light Communications
- A £5M Research Programme on Visible Light Communications…
- Li-Fi on CNN International in “Make Create Innovate”
- Optical Wireless Communication Workshops
- Dear Mr President, please read my blog.
- Augmented Reality using VLC
- Li-Fi on the Gadget Show
- Cisco Live is lit by Ethernet
- Top 10 Li-Fi myths
- Flash-Matic and the Light Telephone
- WTF is… Li-Fi?
- TED hits one million
- LightMessage by PureVLC
- Latest VLC Market Report
- LED wallpaper is here!
- Light + Building
- World’s Largest Chandelier
- The fight for more spectrum
- The shift to optical – part II
- The shift to optical
- PureVLC at Mobile World Congress
- LEDs used to map Wi-Fi
- Mobile World Congress, asking for more spectrum?
- Li-Fi it is then!
- LEDs powered by Ethernet
- Casio announces VLC prototype
- Five VLC predictions for 2012
- VLC; a review of 2011
TagsVisible Light Communication VLC Li-Fi Optical Wireless Communication LED PureVLC OWC Harald Haas PoE power over Ethernet Gordon Povey Casio Visible Light Communications TED Global spectrum crisis radio spectrum Spectrum Shortage Market Report Wi-Fi smart phone Optical Wireless Communications IBM Light Message Solid state lighting Light + Building MWC D-Light Facebook Ethernet LightMessage London Photophone Wireless Communications free space optics GigaIR Edinburgh GBI Research Alexander Graham Bell Mobile World Congress SmartCamp market analysis WiGig Bytelight VLC toys Global Business Intelligence
Tag Archives: Harald Haas
The TED Global presentation on Visible Light Communication has now amassed over 1,000,000 views and generated significant worldwide interest in the technology. Harald Haas, PureVLC CTO and Professor at the University of Edinburgh, performed the first public demonstration of visible … Continue reading
Harald Haas coined the “Li-Fi” term in his TED Global talk last year. It seems to have resonated well and the term has begun to be used generally to describe high speed optical wireless communications. I confess, I was not … Continue reading
Looking back over 2011 there is evidence that a Visible Light Communication industry now exists. At the end of 2010 we saw the IEEE 802.15.7 standard being published and LVX System made the press with what was claimed to be … Continue reading
Prof Harald Haas is in the shortlist of finalists for a prestigious World Technology Award recognising his work on Visible Light Communication. The winners will be announced from the stage of the United Nations at the World Technology Awards ceremony … Continue reading