Recent VLC Posts
- Micro-LED Li-Fi
- Pathway to 5G: Visible Light Communications
- A £5M Research Programme on Visible Light Communications…
- Li-Fi on CNN International in “Make Create Innovate”
- Optical Wireless Communication Workshops
- Dear Mr President, please read my blog.
- Augmented Reality using VLC
- Li-Fi on the Gadget Show
- Cisco Live is lit by Ethernet
- Top 10 Li-Fi myths
- Flash-Matic and the Light Telephone
- WTF is… Li-Fi?
- TED hits one million
- LightMessage by PureVLC
- Latest VLC Market Report
- LED wallpaper is here!
- Light + Building
- World’s Largest Chandelier
- The fight for more spectrum
- The shift to optical – part II
- The shift to optical
- PureVLC at Mobile World Congress
- LEDs used to map Wi-Fi
- Mobile World Congress, asking for more spectrum?
- Li-Fi it is then!
- LEDs powered by Ethernet
- Casio announces VLC prototype
- Five VLC predictions for 2012
- VLC; a review of 2011
- The Visible Light Communications Motivation
- VLC in toys next Christmas?
- VLC wins at IBM SmartCamp
- VLC at IBM SmartCamp London
- Light at the end of the Ethernet
- Li-Fi Consortium is Launched
- Wireless Spectrum Shortage Solution
- VLC pioneer in running for World Technology Award
- VLC at LuxLive
- D-Light project hits target
- New VLC report is published
VLC TagsAlexander Graham Bell Light Message Wireless Communications WiGig D-Light GBI Research IBM Photophone market analysis MWC Edinburgh Global Business Intelligence LightMessage London SmartCamp Light + Building GigaIR VLC toys Ethernet Mobile World Congress Solid state lighting free space optics Bytelight Facebook Wi-Fi spectrum crisis Market Report TED Global Optical Wireless Communications Spectrum Shortage smart phone radio spectrum Visible Light Communications Gordon Povey PoE power over Ethernet Harald Haas Casio OWC PureVLC LED Optical Wireless Communication Li-Fi Visible Light Communication VLC
Monthly Archives: May 2012
Last week American Eugene Polley died at the age of 96. Eugene invented “Flash-Matic” the first TV remote control in 1955. This was an early example of visible light communication (VLC) in action. Eugene’s passing prompted me to think about some … Continue reading
WTF is Li-Fi? asks Reg Hardware, the hardware site of The Register, in an article this week. The article features the PureVLC Li-Fire YouTube video and also mentions the Fraunhofer Institute and Casio and is a worthwhile read. I have … Continue reading
The TED Global presentation on Visible Light Communication has now amassed over 1,000,000 views and generated significant worldwide interest in the technology. Harald Haas, PureVLC CTO and Professor at the University of Edinburgh, performed the first public demonstration of visible … Continue reading