Recent VLC Posts
- 5 Reasons to Promote Li-Fi Technologies
- Micro-LED Li-Fi
- Pathway to 5G: Visible Light Communications
- A £5M Research Programme on Visible Light Communications…
- Li-Fi on CNN International in “Make Create Innovate”
- Optical Wireless Communication Workshops
- Dear Mr President, please read my blog.
- Augmented Reality using VLC
- Li-Fi on the Gadget Show
- Cisco Live is lit by Ethernet
- Top 10 Li-Fi myths
- Flash-Matic and the Light Telephone
- WTF is… Li-Fi?
- TED hits one million
- LightMessage by PureVLC
- Latest VLC Market Report
- LED wallpaper is here!
- Light + Building
- World’s Largest Chandelier
- The fight for more spectrum
- The shift to optical – part II
- The shift to optical
- PureVLC at Mobile World Congress
- LEDs used to map Wi-Fi
- Mobile World Congress, asking for more spectrum?
- Li-Fi it is then!
- LEDs powered by Ethernet
- Casio announces VLC prototype
- Five VLC predictions for 2012
- VLC; a review of 2011
TagsVLC Visible Light Communication Li-Fi Optical Wireless Communication LED PureVLC OWC power over Ethernet Gordon Povey Visible Light Communications Casio Harald Haas PoE smart phone Optical Wireless Communications TED Global spectrum crisis radio spectrum Spectrum Shortage Market Report Wi-Fi Photophone Wireless Communications free space optics GigaIR Edinburgh Alexander Graham Bell Mobile World Congress GBI Research market analysis WiGig Bytelight SmartCamp VLC toys Global Business Intelligence Light Message IBM Solid state lighting Light + Building MWC D-Light Facebook Ethernet LightMessage London
Monthly Archives: April 2012
Electronics.ca, based in Canada, has just published what we believe to be only the second market report to cover Visible Light Communications. “Optical Wireless Systems – Visible Light Communications and Free Space Optics: Technologies and Markets” covers both VLC and … Continue reading
We have been hearing for some time about how OLED technology will be giving us walls of light. Having seen the size (not to mention efficiency and cost) of current OLEDs I think we must accept that the OLED Light … Continue reading
This week I attended Light + Building in Frankfurt. This show covers all aspects of lighting for buildings and even urban lighting. My impression was that Light + Building was not so much about lighting technology innovation, but more about … Continue reading
The World’s largest chandelier “Reflective Flow” is also the largest LED light sculpture in the World with 55,000 LEDs and thousands of optical crystal elements. The LED fixture weighs in at 20 tonnes (think 2 buses or 13 cars) and … Continue reading
As the spectrum crisis gets more serious, the shouts for more spectrum are getting louder. This new infographic from Mobile Future sums this up nicely. Fortuntunately the Li-Fi community is not suffering a spectrum crisis, quite the opposite. The question … Continue reading