Recent VLC Posts
- Micro-LED Li-Fi
- Pathway to 5G: Visible Light Communications
- A £5M Research Programme on Visible Light Communications…
- Li-Fi on CNN International in “Make Create Innovate”
- Optical Wireless Communication Workshops
- Dear Mr President, please read my blog.
- Augmented Reality using VLC
- Li-Fi on the Gadget Show
- Cisco Live is lit by Ethernet
- Top 10 Li-Fi myths
- Flash-Matic and the Light Telephone
- WTF is… Li-Fi?
- TED hits one million
- LightMessage by PureVLC
- Latest VLC Market Report
- LED wallpaper is here!
- Light + Building
- World’s Largest Chandelier
- The fight for more spectrum
- The shift to optical – part II
- The shift to optical
- PureVLC at Mobile World Congress
- LEDs used to map Wi-Fi
- Mobile World Congress, asking for more spectrum?
- Li-Fi it is then!
- LEDs powered by Ethernet
- Casio announces VLC prototype
- Five VLC predictions for 2012
- VLC; a review of 2011
- The Visible Light Communications Motivation
- VLC in toys next Christmas?
- VLC wins at IBM SmartCamp
- VLC at IBM SmartCamp London
- Light at the end of the Ethernet
- Li-Fi Consortium is Launched
- Wireless Spectrum Shortage Solution
- VLC pioneer in running for World Technology Award
- VLC at LuxLive
- D-Light project hits target
- New VLC report is published
VLC TagsGlobal Business Intelligence LightMessage Mobile World Congress SmartCamp Light + Building free space optics VLC toys Ethernet Alexander Graham Bell Solid state lighting Wireless Communications Bytelight Facebook GBI Research Light Message Photophone WiGig D-Light Edinburgh IBM London market analysis MWC GigaIR radio spectrum smart phone spectrum crisis Wi-Fi TED Global Market Report Optical Wireless Communications Spectrum Shortage Gordon Povey Casio power over Ethernet PoE Harald Haas Visible Light Communications OWC PureVLC LED Li-Fi Optical Wireless Communication VLC Visible Light Communication
Monthly Archives: January 2012
Harald Haas coined the “Li-Fi” term in his TED Global talk last year. It seems to have resonated well and the term has begun to be used generally to describe high speed optical wireless communications. I confess, I was not … Continue reading
Back in October I posted a blog item on Power over Ethernet (PoE). I am briefly revisiting this because Raffaele Soloperto of Allnet sent me this excellent picture. PoE is ideal for VLC since the power and data signals are … Continue reading