Recent VLC Posts
- 5 Reasons to Promote Li-Fi Technologies
- Micro-LED Li-Fi
- Pathway to 5G: Visible Light Communications
- A £5M Research Programme on Visible Light Communications…
- Li-Fi on CNN International in “Make Create Innovate”
- Optical Wireless Communication Workshops
- Dear Mr President, please read my blog.
- Augmented Reality using VLC
- Li-Fi on the Gadget Show
- Cisco Live is lit by Ethernet
- Top 10 Li-Fi myths
- Flash-Matic and the Light Telephone
- WTF is… Li-Fi?
- TED hits one million
- LightMessage by PureVLC
- Latest VLC Market Report
- LED wallpaper is here!
- Light + Building
- World’s Largest Chandelier
- The fight for more spectrum
- The shift to optical – part II
- The shift to optical
- PureVLC at Mobile World Congress
- LEDs used to map Wi-Fi
- Mobile World Congress, asking for more spectrum?
- Li-Fi it is then!
- LEDs powered by Ethernet
- Casio announces VLC prototype
- Five VLC predictions for 2012
- VLC; a review of 2011
TagsVisible Light Communication VLC Li-Fi Optical Wireless Communication LED PureVLC OWC Harald Haas PoE power over Ethernet Gordon Povey Casio Visible Light Communications radio spectrum Spectrum Shortage Wi-Fi Market Report smart phone Optical Wireless Communications TED Global spectrum crisis LightMessage London Photophone Wireless Communications free space optics GigaIR Edinburgh GBI Research Alexander Graham Bell Mobile World Congress WiGig Bytelight SmartCamp market analysis VLC toys Global Business Intelligence Light Message IBM MWC Solid state lighting Light + Building Facebook Ethernet D-Light
Monthly Archives: August 2011
There has been a lot of media coverage about Visible Light Communications in the past month or so. This has led to some interesting discussions and comments being left. Some are enthusiastic and excited, some are curious, some are intrigued … Continue reading
Visible Light Communications is definitely now hitting the limelight. Following Prof Haas’s wonderful demonstration at TED, there have been many articles and press stories from the New York Times to New Scientist. From National Public Radio in the US and … Continue reading
To address VLC’s green credentials I first consider what makes it green. Here are my top 3 reasons: VLC helps stimulate the demand for LED lighting and LED bulbs and fixtures are now highly efficient. If we were all to … Continue reading
You can view the video of Harald Haas presenting VLC live on stage now. This was presented at TED Global 2011 on 15th July.